CBD Wild Leaf’s Sleep Releef is a premium sleep aid. The reasons for the “Premium Status” are the proprietary formula and nano-enhancement. So, let’s delve into the ingredients first.
Sleep Releef Ingredients
Glycerin, Valeriana Officinalis (Valerian) Root Extract, Gamma Aminobutyric Acid, Griffonia Simplicifolia (Griffonia) Seed Extract, Melatonin, Phytocannabinoid-Rich Hemp Oil, Natural Flavor, Erythritol, Stevia Rebaudiana (Stevia)Leaf Extract, Maltodextrin, Potassium Bitartrate, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil
The five active sleep promoting ingredients are: Valeriana Officinalis (Valerian) Root Extract, Gamma Aminobutyric Acid, Griffonia Simplicifolia (Griffonia) Seed Extract, Melatonin, Phytocannabinoid-Rich Hemp Oil. Let’s look at each ingredient and explain what it is and how it helps you sleep.
Valeriana officinalis (Valerian root)
- What is it? It is a flowering plant that originated in Europe and Asia that was brought to North America. It is one of the best non-prescription herbs for sleep and anxiety relief and has an ancient history as a sleep aid and a natural remedy for nervousness and anxiety. It is gentle, well tolerated and non-habit forming.
- How it helps you sleep: It helps to reduce stress and anxiety helping you to fall asleep more quickly, reduce restless sleep and increase sleep time.
Gamma Aminobutyric Acid
- What is it? GABA (gamma-Aminobutyric acid) is a naturally occurring neurotransmitter in the brain. The primary duty of this neurotransmitter is to suppress the excitatory neurotransmitters, notably glutamate and norepinephrine. This inhibition is crucial for us to reach a deep and restorative REM sleep.
- How it helps you sleep: Studies have shown that insomnia sufferers have 30% less GABA in their brains. Other studies confirmed that GABA improves time to fall asleep as well as sleep duration. These results suggest GABA can be an effective and safe nighttime sleep aid.
Griffonia Simplicifolia (Griffonia) Seed Extract
- What is it? Griffonia simplicifolia is a woody climbing shrub native to West Africa and Central Africa. It grows to about 3 m, and bears greenish flowers followed by black pods.
- How it helps you sleep: It increases and supports serotonin production a neurotransmitter that regulates mood and sleep-wake cycles. Serotonin is required to make melatonin, a hormone that helps the body’s bio clock stay in sync and regulates daily sleep-wake cycles which promotes an elevated state of wellbeing promoting a better night’s sleep. Research shows it may help shorten the time it takes to fall asleep and increase sleep time.
- What is it? Melatonin is a key sleep hormone. It is produced naturally by the body in response to darkness and is essential for sleep. It is one of the most researched and used sleep aids.
- How it helps you sleep: Melatonin production is triggered by darkness and improves sleep by strengthening the body’s sleep-awake cycles. Studies show it helps shortens the time it takes to fall asleep, increase sleep time and improves the quality of sleep.
CBD Phytocannabinoid-rich Hemp Oil
- What is it? CBD is a Phytocannabinoid produced by the cannabis (Hemp) plant and works with the Endocannabinoid System to promote hemostasis. Research has shown it to reduce anxiety and significantly reduce insomnia symptoms.
- How it helps you sleep: By reducing anxiety and stress it helps to promote a restful night’s sleep. A few research projects are on-going and have shown impressive results on its ability to promote healthy sleep-wake cycles.
Let’s look at nano-enhancement.
What is nano-enhancement? Nano CBD or nanotechnology CBD is CBD oil that goes through a nano-emulsification process.
How is helps you sleep: This allows for a much higher bioavailability, moving through the body with smaller molecular size that increases the speed and ease of delivery.